Why is ifort compiler being deprecated and what is replacing it?
The Intel Fortran Compiler Classic (ifort) is a legacy compiler that has been used for many years to develop high-performance Fortran applications. However, Intel has announced that it will deprecate ifort and replace it with the Intel oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler (icx/ifx) in the future. The new compiler is based on the LLVM infrastructure and supports the Data Parallel C++ (DPC++) language, which is an extension of C++ for heterogeneous computing. The new compiler also offers better compatibility with other compilers, such as GNU and Microsoft, and supports the latest Fortran standards and features.
The deprecation of ifort means that Intel will stop adding new features and enhancements to it, and will only provide bug fixes and security updates until the end of its support life cycle. Intel encourages users to migrate their Fortran applications to the new compiler as soon as possible and provides various resources and tools to help them with the transition. For example, Intel offers a migration guide, a compatibility report, a compatibility mode, and a migration service to assist users with the migration process. Intel also provides a forum and a support portal where users can ask questions and get help from Intel experts and the community.
The Intel oneAPI Toolkits with Priority Support are a set of tools and libraries that help developers create high-performance, cross-architecture applications for various platforms, such as Intel CPUs, GPUs, and FPGAs. The toolkits are based on oneAPI, an open and unified programming model that simplifies parallel programming and enables code reuse across different hardware. The toolkits include the Intel oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler (mentioned above), as well as other components, such as the Intel oneAPI Math Kernel Library, the Intel oneAPI Data Analytics Library, the Intel oneAPI Deep Neural Network Library, and the Intel oneAPI Video Processing Library.
The benefits of purchasing the Intel oneAPI Toolkits with Priority Support are:
- You can submit questions, problems, and other technical support requests to Intel and get direct and private interaction with Intel’s support engineers, who can provide solutions and workarounds for any technical issues.
- You can monitor the issues you have submitted and get accelerated response time for your technical questions and other product needs.
- You can access the latest versions and updates of the toolkits and get security patches and bug fixes for the supported products.
- You can access exclusive resources and documentation, such as webinars, tutorials, code samples, and best practices, to help you get the most out of the toolkits and improve your development skills.
Why buy Intel and other developer solutions from Grey Matter?
If you are looking for a reliable and trusted source to buy developer tools, you should consider Grey Matter, a software reseller and cloud service provider that has been in the industry since 1983. Grey Matter is an Intel Software Elite Reseller and a Microsoft CSP, and has close relationships with many other well-known and niche software vendors. Grey Matter can help you with every stage of your development project lifecycle, from design and build, to test and deploy, and even after launch, to ensure your project is a success. Grey Matter can offer you:
- A vast catalogue of developer tools, including the Intel oneAPI Toolkits, that you can buy in one place and save the procurement hassle.
- Licensing advice, quotes, and exclusive discounts for the products you need, as well as support for ISV licensing and mapping and geolocation solutions.
- Free webinars and workshops where you can gain access to product and technical specialists and learn how to use the tools you have now and the solutions of tomorrow.
- Developer services delivered by our sister company, Climb Global Services, a team of experts who can provide hands-on support for your technical challenges and gaps in resource, such as Azure health check, Azure design service, Azure monitoring service, TFS to Azure DevOps migration, and Microsoft 365 Art of the Possible.
Please fill out the form below if you have any questions about Intel or the other solutions we offer.