What’s new in Intel Media Server Studio 2018 and Intel Media SDK 2018
News|by Leanne Bevan|11 April 2018
Intel® has released the latest updates to its media software development tools – Intel® Media Server Studio and Intel® Media SDK. These can be used to optimise video solutions from camera to cloud. Media developers and video solution providers can use these tools to speed up video transcoding and streaming, cloud graphics and gaming, video conferencing as well as video/imagine processing within their applications.
Intel® Media Server Studio 2018 for Linux:
- Enhancements to AVC compression efficiency and video quality features
- Improved HEVC encode video quality and CPU performance for multiple sessions running at the same time
- Expanded API parameters for better control over the codecs
- Significant performance increases for the Session Joining API
- Support for CentOS 7.4, with new features and security updates
- Enhancements to FEI
- And more!
Intel Media SDK 2018 for Windows:
New features have been added to expand its useages to include enterprise, data center/visual cloud, broadcasting and embedded – along with desktop, client, embedded and mobile.
- The encoding feature rom Intel® Media Server Studio Professional edition are now FREE
- HVEC codec components
- Video Quality Caliper- analysis tool
- Chroma siting and field weaving video processing features
- Delta QP for better encoding quality
- Encoding untis information supports the AVC (H.264) encoder to add the NALU information
- HEVC HMFT now supports SEI message for HDR
- AVC supports weighted predictions for P-frames and B-frames
- HEVC provides maximum frame size bitrate control
- Preview features for Cannon Lake, including improved HEVC encode video quality and new VP9 encoder features
Intel Media SDK 2018 for Linux:
Following the introduction of Region of Interest (ROI) in 2018 R2, which supports smart encoding scenarios, in R2.1 Intel® has added new features for bitrate control and has continued to improve the product’s quality.
- HEVC Macroblock level QP control
- AVC sliding Windows Bitrate control
- HEVC MBQP control
- HEVC encoder stability
To find out more about the Intel Software tools and how they’re licensed, please call +44 (0) 1364 654100.
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
In today’s data-driven world, businesses face the critical challenge of ensuring the safety and accessibility of their ever-expanding volumes of data. As organizations increasingly turn to cloud solutions for data storage and backup, the combination of Veeam and Wasabi emerges...
In the fast-paced and interconnected world of business, data has become the lifeblood of organisations. The ability to securely store, manage, and recover data is crucial for business continuity and success. Acronis, a global leader in cyber protection, offers a...
Elevate your development capabilities with RAD Studio 12 Architect, the most advanced RAD Studio edition with the broadest feature set. RAD Studio 12 Architect can enable enterprise-level data services and integrations with Embarcadero’s homegrown tools and services, like Aqua Data...
Intel upgrade options Intel® Parallel Studio XE users, please consider upgrading to Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit to take advantage of the latest features including functional and security updates. Intel® System Studio and Intel® oneAPI Base & IOT Toolkit...