New Microsoft 365 Business Security Features Announced
News|1 May 2018
Microsoft have announced the launch of advanced security features in Microsoft 365 Business in order to further protect against cyber threats and safeguard sensitive information.
Microsoft 365 Business’ new advanced threat protection features include:
- Attachment scanning and machine learning to detect and discard dangerous messages
- Automatic scanning of email links to determine if they are part of a phishing scheme and prevent users from accessing unsafe websites
- Device protection to stop devices from interacting with ransomware
Additional capabilities have also been added to Microsoft 365 Business to help protect sensitive customer business data in the form of:
- Data loss prevention policies to identify, monitor, and protect sensitive information including but not limited to credit card details
- Information protection in Outlook, which allows employees to manage access to sensitive details in emails
- Email archiving and preservation policies to help ensure data is properly retained through continuous data backup and compliance
- Ability to enforce BitLocker device encryption on all Windows device to help protect against data theft or exposure if a protected device is lost or stolen
Both of these updates are hugely important in the lead up to GDPR and will help businesses demonstrate their compliance under the new regulations.
Already have Microsoft 365 Business?
These threat protection, archiving, and information protection features will be rolling out over the next month. Data loss prevention and support for features dependent on the Office desktop application will roll out in the coming months.
New to Microsoft 365 Business?
If you want to adopt Microsoft 365 Business now, these new features are immediately available.
If you would like to find out more about the security features that Microsoft 365 Business can offer your company, or how the new updates will affect your existing subscription with us, you can get in contact with us by calling +44 (0)1364 654100.
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
Tue 24 January 2023 10:00 am - 11:00 am GMT
Learn how Microsoft 365 defends against cyber threats facing businesses today, and get an overview of the impressive security features it contains in our January webinar. Grey Matter’s Microsoft 365 expert, Adam Blackwell will highlight the security features contained in...
January 2023 marks the end of the extended period of support for Windows 7. Windows 7 Extended Security Updates, first announced in January 2020, was introduced as a last resort for customers who were still using legacy Microsoft products past...