Microsoft Office is now Microsoft 365
News|by Jack Fannon|14 November 2022
Microsoft first announced that Office 365 would become Microsoft 365 in April 2020, with the changes effective from November 2022.
Microsoft have stated they changed the name to be "more reflective of the range of features and benefits included within the subscription, to meet the unique needs of individuals and businesses".
The cost of all programmes included with Microsoft 365 are the same price as they were in Office 365, and there are no plans to change this.
Some Office 365 subscriptions automatically became Microsoft 365 subscriptions, and some users may have already noticed the new Microsoft 365 logo appear.
What's included with Microsoft 365?
All of the great features from Office 365 now sits under the Microsoft 365 umbrella. Microsoft 365 now comprises of:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Outlook
Plus much more. To see a full list of Microsoft 365 features, click here.
How secure is Microsoft 365?
Microsoft 365 is a highly secure platform, used by more than a million companies across the globe. Its data centers are protected by state-of-the-art security infrastructure and processes, which make them almost impossible to breach directly.
Microsoft 365 security is based on four main pillars:
- Identity & Access Management
- Threat Protection
- Information Protection
- Security & Risk Management
Identity & Access Management
- Microsoft Identity & Access Manager helps you fend off suspicious login attempts and protect user credentials with risk-based access controls, identity protection tools and strong authentication options. It allows your IT administrators to assign the right access levels using role-based access control to efficiently manage which user has access to what resources.
- Microsoft threat protection includes integrated, automated security solutions that help secure your email, data, applications, devices and identities against emerging cyber threats.
- Microsoft Information Protection (MIP) helps you locate, organise and protect your company’s sensitive information across clouds, apps and endpoints. MIP capabilities and solutions help you know your data, protect your sensitive information and prevent data loss.
Security & Risk Management
- Microsoft 365 security and risk management helps you quickly identify and remediate risks from both malicious and unintentional activities to protect your organisation’s critical information.
Learn more about all of Microsoft 365's features here.
If you have any questions around Microsoft 365, get in touch with our experts today on 01364 654100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
[ON-DEMAND WEBINAR] Microsoft Do More With Less: Explained
Mon 10 April 2023
This webinar is available to watch on-demand until 10 April 2023.
New UI enhancements in IntelliJ IDEA 2023.1
Find out what's new with JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA 2023.1.
[WEBINAR] Cyber Security Matters: Managed Detection Services
Tue 25 April 2023 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm BST
In this webinar, you will get an insight into what it would take from both an investment and operational point of view to create your own SOC and effectively how we have multiple offerings that can offer a better cost and a varying array of capabilities.
Acronis enhances security offerings with Intel® TDT technology
Acronis, a global leader in cyber protection, today announced the enhancement of its security defence against advanced fileless attacks using Intel® Threat Detection Technology (Intel® TDT) leveraging the Intel® integrated GPU to offload memory scanning operations from the CPU.