JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA 2016.3 is now available
News|by Leanne Bevan|22 November 2016
JetBrains has announced the latest update to IntelliJ IDEA with a whole host of improvements to enhance the developer experience.
Update highlights include:
- Refactoring to Java 8. Since Java 8 was released, IntelliJ IDEA has been providing inspections that help write correct and idiomatic Java 8. With this update, we’ve gone much further and extended our existing inspections to support non-trivial cases.
- JVM Debugger. The debugger has been extended with Class-level Watches and JVM Memory View, a new plugin that lets users explore objects in the JVM heap during a debug session.
- Code Editor. The editor has been extended with Parameter Hints that show method parameters names for passed values that are literals or nulls, and Semantic Highlighting, a highlighting mode that uses unique colors for each parameter and local variable.
- Gradle. The new option “Delegate IDE build/run actions to Gradle” allows users to delegate the native IDE Build, Build Artifacts (both WAR and EAR) and Run actions to Gradle. Another new option which is called “Gradle Composite Builds” lets users substitute any of their Gradle dependencies with another IntelliJ IDEA project.
- Scala. The Scala plugin has got support for Scala.js and scala.meta.
- VCS. The Log viewer has been further reworked, this time mainly to improve its ergonomics and speed. The Merge dialog now shows a Resolve icon on the left side of the Editor when the IDE is capable of resolving the conflict automatically. ALso, the IDE provides an interface for managing Git remotes for every repo in the project.
- Android. The Android plugin has been aligned with Android Studio 2.2: Blueprint, Constraint Layout, better Instant Run, and APK Analyzer.
- Database. The Database plugin now allows editing multiple cells at once, submit changes in bulk, and find usages of objects within the source code of other objects (procedures, functions, triggers, views, etc).
Contact us on +44 (0)1364 654100 to find out more.
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
Elevate your development capabilities with RAD Studio 12 Architect, the most advanced RAD Studio edition with the broadest feature set. RAD Studio 12 Architect can enable enterprise-level data services and integrations with Embarcadero’s homegrown tools and services, like Aqua Data...
Intel upgrade options Intel® Parallel Studio XE users, please consider upgrading to Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit to take advantage of the latest features including functional and security updates. Intel® System Studio and Intel® oneAPI Base & IOT Toolkit...
Wed 29 November 2023 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm GMT
Find out more about Intel oneAPI 2024.0 Get an insider’s view of the 2024.0 tools release, plus engage in a live Q&A with Intel software experts on all things “oneAPI”. Join parallel programming expert James Reinders for an inside look...
In the ever-evolving landscape of software development, harnessing the full potential of hardware capabilities is crucial for creating efficient and high-performance applications. Intel, a pioneer in semiconductor technology, offers a comprehensive suite of development tools known as Intel OneAPI Toolkits....