Bing Maps new Fleet Tracker Solution
News|30 January 2018
Microsoft has launched Bing Maps Fleet Tracker on GitHub, a complete asset tracking solution for small fleets. Using the features of the Bing Maps V8 Web Control and REST services, adding location intelligence to your applications is easy. All the open source code is provided and easy to deploy, and includes the Azure-based back end of services and storage, a web interface for tracking assets, and client code for Android phones.
Businesses with their own development resources can customise the solution and add new features. Easily utilise sources of GPS information besides mobile phones, or integrate with an existing database of mobile assets.
Improved customer service: Any business that tracks their people in the field will benefit from the Bing Maps Fleet Tracker. Some real world examples:
- A repair company needing to know which repair person is best positioned for a service call
- A news organisation trying to coordinate reporters, news vans, and other mobile assets in the field
- A chain of hotels tracking their airport shuttle vans to provide better customer service and ETAs
- A delivery service letting their customers know where their driver is and how long before they will arrive
- A mobile sales force checking where their colleagues are in real time without having to text or call
Contact our mapping specialists now for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1364 655133.
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
Acrobat Pro is now the complete all-in-one PDF and e-signature solution that helps everyone do business faster across locations and devices with 100% digital document workflows.
Intel and Google are working together to drive high-performance computing forward on Google Cloud with the release of the Cloud HPC Toolkit.