JetBrains latest updates and GO IDE announcement
News|by Leanne Bevan|4 December 2017
JetBrains has released the latest improvements and new features to the many of their product range.
Here are some of the highlights:
- PyCharm 2017.3 – faster, Data Science Mode, easier setup for Virtualenvs, and a new REST client.
- TeamCity 2017.2 – 100 free build configuration in the Profession edition, docker build runners and supported build feature; .NET CLI support, composite and deployment builds, automatic upgrade, Kotlin DSL improvements and better plugin management.
- IntelliJ 2017.3 – many enhancements including smart chain completion, in Java, support for JUnit5, improvements for Async Stacktraces, Java Stream debugger; facetless auto-configuration, coverage for Gradle and build tool window, ability to rename shelved changes, build image action in Docker.
- AppCode 2017.3 – modern swift, inspections and intentions, Boost and Catch support for c++, colour scheme; improved testing and project wizard, including code style and extract method.
- CLion 2017.3 – more flexible method to configure toolchains, more accurate C++ code analysis; integration with Boost.Test, and support for Visual C++ compiler extensions.
- PhpStorm 2017.3 – a new REST client interface, performance and code template improvements, support for nullability in refactoring tag, unhandled exception, as well as test method generation.
- RubyMine 2017.3 – includes improved performance, resolution, and code insight; Linux subsystem for Windows, new REST client.
JetBrains has also announced the availability of the new Go IDE on top of the IntelliJ Platform, GoLand – offering the same developermore flexible method to cong experience for Go as PyCharm creates for Python, like IntelliJ does for Java. GoLand provides developers with intelligent completion, on-the-fly inspections, and quick-fixes, navigation as well as automated refactorings – all within one environment.
To find out more about JetBrains, please contact us on +44 (0) 1364 654100.
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
Veeam is ending the sale of per-socket licensing. Read on to find out about the options new and existing customer have instead.
What is Microsoft 365? Microsoft 365 is made up of Windows 10, Office 365 and Enterprise Mobility and Security (EM + S). It’s a powerful operating system and boasts an impressive array of productivity tools. It also has an advanced,...
The Bing Maps Dev Center provides account management functionality for customers and developers who use the Bing Maps APIs. To get your Bing Maps Dev Center Account ID: 1. Sign in to the Bing Maps Dev Center. 2. After you...
An ESET report reveals the most common types of cyber security incidents and the worst-hit UK business sectors. Phishing is a major issue.