Intel oneAPI 2022.2 and 2022.3 releases
News|by Leanne Bevan|28 June 2022
We’re delighted to announce that the latest Intel® oneAPI Tools are now available. This release includes updates to all Toolkits (including 30+ individual tools)—each optimised to deliver improved performance and expanded capabilities for data-centric workloads.
Intel® Arc™ (Discrete) GPUs for Media, Gaming, and AI workloads
- Use cross-architecture Intel® oneAPI software tools to create immersive end-user experiences across technologies, platform capabilities, software, and AI-accelerated processing on the GPU combined with the CPU.
- Delivers up to 50x performance improvement over video-software encode with the industry’s first hardware-accelerated AV1 codec, enabled by Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library (oneVPL).
- Includes deep learning support via the oneAPI-powered Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit and Intel® oneAPI Deep Neural Networks Library (oneDNN) as well as performance-tuning insights with Intel® VTune™ Profiler.
- Intel® oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler adds more SYCL* 2020 features to improve developer productivity for programming various hardware accelerators such as GPUs and FPGAs, enhances OpenMP* 5.1 compliance, and improves the performance of OpenMP reductions for compute offload.
- Intel® Fortran Compiler, based on modern LLVM technology, adds support for parameterized-derived types, F2018 IEEE Compare, and VAX structures support and expands support for OpenMP 5.0 with Declare Mapper for scalars support.
- oneMKL adds MKL_VERBOSE GPU support for the BLAS Domain and CPU support for the transpose domain for improved visibility during debugging.
- oneCCL now supports Intel® Instrumentation and Tracing Technology profiling, opening new insights with tools such as VTune Profiler.
- oneTBB improves support and use of the latest C++ standard for parallel_sort, plus adds fully functional features for task_arena extension, collaborative_all_once, adaptive mutexes, heterogeneous overloads for concurrent_hash_map, and task_scheduler_handle.
- oneVPL supports multiple hardware adapters and expanded development environments, plus MPEG2 decode in a CPU implementation to improve codec coverage for systems that do not have dedicated hardware.
- Intel® MPI Library enables better resource planning and control at an application level with GPU pinning, plus adds multi-rail support to improve application internode communication bandwidth.
- Intel® Advisor adds user recommendations and sharing, including optimizing data-transfer reuse costs of CPU-to-GPU offloading, details of GPU Roofline kernels and Offload Modeling, and seeing offloaded parts of the code at the source level (including performance metrics) in a GPU Roofline perspective.
- Intel® VTune™ Profiler opens the ability to identify performance inefficiencies related to Intel® VT-d for latest-generation server platforms, supports Intel Arc GPUs, and is available as a Docker container.
AI Workload Acceleration
- Intel® Extension for TensorFlow* adds faster model loading, improvements in efficient element-wise Eigen operations, and support for additional fusions such as matmul biasadd-g.
Additional functionality and productivity for Intel® Extension for Scikit-learn* and Intel® Distribution of Modin* through new features, algorithms and performance improvements such as Minkowski and Chebyshev distances in kNN and acceleration of the t-SNE algorithm.
- Acceleration for AI deployments with quantization and accuracy controls in the Intel® Neural Compressor, making great use of low-precision inferencing across supported Deep Learning Frameworks.
- Support of new PyTorch model inference and training workloads via Model Zoo for Intel® Architecture, extending support to include Python 3.9, TensorFlow v2.8.0, PyTorch v1.10.0, and IPEX v1.10.0.
Scientific Visualisation with Rendering & Ray Tracing
- Intel® Open Volume Kernel Library adds support for IndexToObject affine transform and constant cell data for Structured Volumes.
- Intel® OSPRay and Intel® OSPRay Studio now include support for Multi-segment Deformation Motion Blur for mesh geometry, plus new light features and optimisations.
- Intel® Implicit SPMD Program Compiler Run Time (ISPCRT) library is included in the package.
- Intel® FPGA Add-On for oneAPI Base Toolkit enables users to specify an exact, min, or max latency between reading and write access on memories and pipes and provides the ability to implement arithmetic floating-point operations involving a constant with either DSPs and ALMs or only ALMs.
Now Available: Intel® VTune™ Profiler 2022.3
Find and optimise performance bottlenecks fast across CPU, GPU, and FPGA systems.
The latest version supports directML API to pinpoint host-side API call inefficiencies and their causes. It also enables developers to identify memory-transfer-related bottlenecks for GPU computing tasks which use USM extension of OpenCL™ API via analysing CPU-side stacks.
Find out more
To learn more and Intel oneAPI, head to our Intel Software page, or fill in the contact form below and a member of our team will be in touch to help you.
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
Acrobat Pro is now the complete all-in-one PDF and e-signature solution that helps everyone do business faster across locations and devices with 100% digital document workflows.
Intel and Google are working together to drive high-performance computing forward on Google Cloud with the release of the Cloud HPC Toolkit.