RubyMine 2016.3 update released by JetBrains
News|by Leanne Bevan|5 December 2016
The final update in the 2016 series of modifications to the JetBrains Ruby and Rails IDE has been released and comes with many Ruby-related improvements including a more comprehensive Puppet support, better gem management, as well as debugging tools for locally running processes.
Developers can take advantage of the following new and updated features:
- Attach to local process – Now the RubyMine debugger can be attached to locally running processes without project reconfiguring and manual gem installation.
- Better Puppet support – RubyMine now recognizes code element structure for all main syntax elements and supports defining Puppet functions; Go to Declaration, Find Usages, and the Rename refactoring are now aware of local and global scopes.
- Faster gem downloading – Thanks to rsync, remote interpreter gems now download ~80 times faster.
- User Interface – Ruby version and gem management has become more straightforward; the initial configuration dialog has been reworked, now allowing you to choose your preferred color and shortcut scheme, as well as enable/disable plugins as needed.
- VCS improvements – Git & Mercurial log has been reworked, resulting in better search speed and much clearer UI. Conflict resolution has become more efficient and able to resolve simple conflicts automatically. Finally, the IDE now makes it easier to manage local and remote changes.
- Database tools – More convenient data editing with opportunities for bulk changes, more intelligent coding assistance, and better integration with utilities and drivers.
Other improvements include support for MiniTest::Spec; more accurate Mailers and their views in the Rails Project Tool Window interface; file renaming without searching for usages; sharper and less noisy flat icons; and support for React Native.
Contact us on +44(0)1364 654100 to find out more.
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
Since 2023, AI has been everywhere. And many are seeing it as a great tool for improving productivity which many businesses need for improved efficiency to manage high workloads. Adobe has now developed its own AI tool, AI Assistant, currently...
Watch this webinar recording, “Beyond password protection: document security with Acrobat Pro”, hosted by our partner Adobe to learn the various ways Adobe Acrobat Pro and Microsoft can help you keep your PDFs and their sensitive information safe. In the...
With Microsoft Maps, retail businesses can obtain accurate location data, generate new insights, and optimize their logistics operations.
Fri 15 March 2024 9:30 am - 2:00 pm GMT
Get ready to flex your strategic minds and sharpen your cyber security defences at an exclusive event hosted by Grey Matter and ESET. Join us for an afternoon of insightful learning and exhilarating gaming as we explore the powerful synergy...