Bing Maps Location Recognition API now available
News|20 June 2018
Microsoft has announced the new Bing Maps Location Recognition API has now moved from preview to Generally Available. The Bing Maps Location Recognition API is a high-powered reverse geocoding service that provides users with more context about what is nearby. The API helps answer questions such as:
- What are the businesses and points of interest near a real estate property that I am interested in buying?
- What is the address associated with a given lat/long?
- Is it a private residence?
- What neighbourhood am I in?
Given a location (lat/long) the Bing Maps Location Recognition API returns a list of entities at the location. The different components of the API response provide a comprehensive description of the location, consisting of:
- Business entities situated at the location – a wide variety of entity types are supported for example, restaurants, hotels, parks, gym, shopping malls and more
- Natural entities at the location such as beaches, island, lakes and 9 other types
- Reverse geocoded address of the input location, with neighborhood and street intersection information where available
- Type of property – residential, commercial – situated at the location
Try the Location Recognition API using your Bing Maps API key.
Contact our mapping specialists to discuss your use case and a licensing consultation: +44 (0)1364 655 133 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
Paessler acquires qbilon to help customers unlock key insights to improve IT performance
Paessler AG acquires qbilon GmbH, a company that provides a platform for automatically capturing, analysing and optimising hybrid IT landscapes.
Intro to our Embarcadero licensing specialists
Grey Matter has been supporting developers and ISVs with IDEs and developer tools since 1983. As part of our 40th celebration, we are interviewing some of our specialist teams to find out more about the team and their focus solutions.
In this blog, we speak to Robin Ashby and Andy Hill, our Embarcadero licensing specialists.
Acronis expands Cyber Protect Cloud with new EDR solution
Acronis, one of our leading cyber security partners, has recently expanded its Cyber Protect Cloud offering by introducing a cutting-edge endpoint detection and response (EDR) solution.