Bing Maps Location Recognition API now available
News|20 June 2018
Microsoft has announced the new Bing Maps Location Recognition API has now moved from preview to Generally Available. The Bing Maps Location Recognition API is a high-powered reverse geocoding service that provides users with more context about what is nearby. The API helps answer questions such as:
- What are the businesses and points of interest near a real estate property that I am interested in buying?
- What is the address associated with a given lat/long?
- Is it a private residence?
- What neighbourhood am I in?
Given a location (lat/long) the Bing Maps Location Recognition API returns a list of entities at the location. The different components of the API response provide a comprehensive description of the location, consisting of:
- Business entities situated at the location – a wide variety of entity types are supported for example, restaurants, hotels, parks, gym, shopping malls and more
- Natural entities at the location such as beaches, island, lakes and 9 other types
- Reverse geocoded address of the input location, with neighborhood and street intersection information where available
- Type of property – residential, commercial – situated at the location
Try the Location Recognition API using your Bing Maps API key.
Contact our mapping specialists to discuss your use case and a licensing consultation: +44 (0)1364 655 133 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
Mon 20 February 2023 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm GMT
Intel has launched its fourth-generation Intel Xeon Scalable processor, codenamed Sapphire Rapids, the successor to Ice Lake. Find out more!
Mon 20 February 2023 10:00 am - 11:30 am GMT
Grey Matter has passed the Government-backed Cyber Essentials assessment once again. This certification recognises our data protection efforts.