Bing Maps Location Recognition API now available
News|20 June 2018
Microsoft has announced the new Bing Maps Location Recognition API has now moved from preview to Generally Available. The Bing Maps Location Recognition API is a high-powered reverse geocoding service that provides users with more context about what is nearby. The API helps answer questions such as:
- What are the businesses and points of interest near a real estate property that I am interested in buying?
- What is the address associated with a given lat/long?
- Is it a private residence?
- What neighbourhood am I in?
Given a location (lat/long) the Bing Maps Location Recognition API returns a list of entities at the location. The different components of the API response provide a comprehensive description of the location, consisting of:
- Business entities situated at the location – a wide variety of entity types are supported for example, restaurants, hotels, parks, gym, shopping malls and more
- Natural entities at the location such as beaches, island, lakes and 9 other types
- Reverse geocoded address of the input location, with neighborhood and street intersection information where available
- Type of property – residential, commercial – situated at the location
Try the Location Recognition API using your Bing Maps API key.
Contact our mapping specialists to discuss your use case and a licensing consultation: +44 (0)1364 655 133 or email: email@example.com
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
As your organisation becomes increasingly more mobile, you’ll need communication solutions that meet the requirements of your hybrid workforce. Join our webinar to see how Microsoft Teams Phone and Teams Rooms can revolutionise your communication and collaboration efforts.
Run and debug your application more easily in the new JetBrains UI The new JetBrains Run and Debug UI brings significant improvements to enhance the coding experience. Visual enhancements reduce widget clutter, allowing seamless focus on code. For instance, the...
In today’s data-driven world, businesses face the critical challenge of ensuring the safety and accessibility of their ever-expanding volumes of data. As organizations increasingly turn to cloud solutions for data storage and backup, the combination of Veeam and Wasabi emerges...
In the fast-paced and interconnected world of business, data has become the lifeblood of organisations. The ability to securely store, manage, and recover data is crucial for business continuity and success. Acronis, a global leader in cyber protection, offers a...