Migration Overview: Upgrade to the latest HERE Maps APIs
News|by Gabrielle Alvear|10 November 2023
Change is just around the corner and it’s time for you to upgrade and modernise your HERE applications.
In this HERE Technologies Migration Overview, you will find a list of all APIs that need to be upgraded to the latest version by the end of the year.
To continue using your applications without interruption please upgrade no later than 31 December 2023. This includes HERE Premium SDK (3.x) users.
HERE Premium SDK (3.x) users must upgrade to v4.x SDK and have the migration completed by the 31 December 2023. DO NOT migrate on your own. Please contact your Account Manager first who will create a new plan and App Keys on the HERE Platform in order for you to complete the upgrade.
If you have a dedicated HERE Account Manager, reach out to them for guidance with migration and do not start the process on your own. You can also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will be happy to provide assistance.
For more information please refer to the HERE Migration Guides on the website for further guidance with the process.
Overview of your Next Steps
Do not migrate to the new HERE Platform on your own. Please contact your Grey Matter Account Manager to start planning your migration to the new versions.
- Read through the list of location services being retired (by version) included below
- Have your technical team review the list to see which services are impacted
- Review the links to your specified migration guides
- Contact your Grey Matter Account Manager to plan and keep track of your migration process
- Upgrade the impacted location services to the new versions by 31 December 2023
Migrating to Platform
The HERE Platform is now open and provides an integrated experience of advanced tools, an ecosystem of collaborators, and location data and services all in one place.
As such, the HERE Developer Portal is deprecated and will be decommissioned by 31 December 2023.
Be assured that due to the complexity of this migration, Grey Matter will take care of the platform migration process for existing customers. If you haven’t already, please speak to your Account Manager and we’ll be ready to migrate you over.
We look forward to welcoming you to the new and improved HERE Platform experience.
HERE Location Services that need to be upgraded by 31 December 2023
- HERE Map Tile API v2* (depending on availability of new Raster Tile API v8)
- HERE Map Image API v1 *
- HERE Routing API v7
- HERE Large Scale Matrix Routing API
- HERE Geocoder API v6 *
- HERE Geocoder Autocomplete API v6
- Batch Geocoder API v6 (depending on availability of new Batch geocoder API v7)
- HERE Places (Search) API v2
- HERE Network Positioning API v1
- HERE Fleet Telematics API
- HERE SDK 4.x for iOS Lite Edition should be migrated to HERE SDK 4x Explore variant
- Premium SDK 3x (Lite, Explore or Navigate)
* PLEASE NOTE:
- HERE Premium SDK (3.x) will no longer be supported after 31 December 2023. Until then, only critical bug fixes are being addressed
- Map Tile API v2, Traffic v6, Map Image v1.6, Batch Geocoder v6 on developer portal will be extended until the end of June 2024
What you'll get with the newly improved HERE Location Services
- A consistent and aligned API specification across all services
- A streamlined architecture for better performance
- Sharing HERE map data across all services
- More secure authentication and authorization
- Fresher map content through higher map update frequency
- Faster availability of new regions (e.g. such as the recently integrated high detail map of Japan)
- All new features and functionalities
For any questions, feel free to reach out to our dedicated HERE Maps Team
Elevate your development capabilities with RAD Studio 12 Architect, the most advanced RAD Studio edition with the broadest feature set. RAD Studio 12 Architect can enable enterprise-level data services and integrations with Embarcadero’s homegrown tools and services, like Aqua Data...
Intel upgrade options Intel® Parallel Studio XE users, please consider upgrading to Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit to take advantage of the latest features including functional and security updates. Intel® System Studio and Intel® oneAPI Base & IOT Toolkit...
Wed 29 November 2023 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm GMT
Find out more about Intel oneAPI 2024.0 Get an insider’s view of the 2024.0 tools release, plus engage in a live Q&A with Intel software experts on all things “oneAPI”. Join parallel programming expert James Reinders for an inside look...
In the ever-evolving landscape of software development, harnessing the full potential of hardware capabilities is crucial for creating efficient and high-performance applications. Intel, a pioneer in semiconductor technology, offers a comprehensive suite of development tools known as Intel OneAPI Toolkits....