What’s new in JetBrains Space? A comprehensive overview
Blog|by Leanne Bevan|17 May 2023
JetBrains Space, a powerful team collaboration platform for software development, has introduced several exciting updates and features in 2023. In this blog post, we will explore the highlights of these updates, including enhancements in collaboration, project management, package management, code review, and more. Let's dive in!
- Support for Mermaid diagrams: JetBrains Space now supports Mermaid syntax, allowing users to create handy diagrams in chats, issues, documents, and repositories. Users can visualize their thoughts using this syntax and embed the diagrams easily.
- Preview CSV files as rendered tables: Users can now preview CSV files as rendered tables directly in chats, documents, repositories, and packages. Additionally, it is possible to manually create tables by embedding content in the "csv" container, which provides options to switch between visual and code modes.
- Pin dashboard items for project members: Project members with admin roles can now pin repositories, issue boards, jobs, packages, and deployments for everyone in a project. This feature facilitates onboarding new members and highlights essential resources.
- Manage and share Rust packages in Space: JetBrains Space introduces Cargo sparse-registry support, enabling users to store and share Rust packages seamlessly. This new feature optimises package dependency downloading during project builds.
- Access issues across multiple projects: JetBrains Space makes it easier to work on various projects simultaneously by providing a centralised location to manage all issues across the organisation. Users can filter issues by projects and other parametres.
- Faster and easier search for issues: The redesigned issue search feature in Space now includes advanced filters, allowing users to combine multiple filter values, narrow searches using negative operators, and navigate the filter bar more efficiently.
Automation & CI/CD:
- Introducing improved Automation parameters: JetBrains Space Automation now offers an enhanced parameters subsystem. Users can customise job runs, pass string values between steps, obtain details about job execution context, and provide project secrets and parameters to jobs.
- Pre-fill merge request description from commits: Merge requests and code reviews now have a dedicated description field. Users can pre-fill new merge request details with messages from branch commits, streamlining the process.
Code Review & Issue Tracking:
- Create issues from code snippets: Users can now highlight a portion of their code and create an issue directly from it or send it to a chat or channel. The code snippet will include a link to the corresponding file or commit in the repository for easy access.
- Publish container images to Docker Hub: JetBrains Space Packages now allows users to publish Docker and OCI images, as well as Helm charts, to Docker Hub.
- Space On-Premises Is Out of Beta: After a successful beta phase, JetBrains has officially released Space On-Premises. This version includes features such as full Automation support in Kubernetes On-Premises, guest users, swimlanes, customisable issue boards, and managing and sharing Dart packages.
JetBrains Space continues to evolve as a comprehensive team collaboration platform for software development. The 2023 updates have introduced significant enhancements in collaboration, project management, package management, code review, and more. With features like Mermaid diagram support, improved automation parameters, and the ability to manage and share Rust packages, JetBrains Space empowers teams to work efficiently and effectively. Explore these new features to streamline your team's workflow and boost productivity.
Buy JetBrains Space
Grey Matter is a JetBrains Platinum Reseller. We can provide licensing advice and exclusive pricing. Fill in the form below to get a quote for either the cloud or on-premises version of JetBrains Space. Alternatively, contact us on Live Chat.
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
Elevate your development capabilities with RAD Studio 12 Architect, the most advanced RAD Studio edition with the broadest feature set. RAD Studio 12 Architect can enable enterprise-level data services and integrations with Embarcadero’s homegrown tools and services, like Aqua Data...
Intel upgrade options Intel® Parallel Studio XE users, please consider upgrading to Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit to take advantage of the latest features including functional and security updates. Intel® System Studio and Intel® oneAPI Base & IOT Toolkit...
Wed 29 November 2023 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm GMT
Find out more about Intel oneAPI 2024.0 Get an insider’s view of the 2024.0 tools release, plus engage in a live Q&A with Intel software experts on all things “oneAPI”. Join parallel programming expert James Reinders for an inside look...
In the ever-evolving landscape of software development, harnessing the full potential of hardware capabilities is crucial for creating efficient and high-performance applications. Intel, a pioneer in semiconductor technology, offers a comprehensive suite of development tools known as Intel OneAPI Toolkits....