Visual Studio 2022 Public Preview
News|28 June 2021
Microsoft’s public preview of Visual Studio 2022 is here. Pitched as being “faster, more approachable, and more lightweight”, Visual Studio 2022 is for those just starting out learning to code as well as those that are building solutions for enterprise.
What’s the biggest thing to shout about?
Visual Studio 2022 is 64-bit. No longer limited to ~4gb of memory in the main devenv.exe process, with it you can open, edit, run and debug even the most complex solutions without running out of memory.
Refreshed user interface
In Visual Studio 2022 you’ll find some subtle changes that really improve the user experience and decrease the cognitive load:
- Updated icons for better clarity, legibility and contrast
- Cascadia Code – a fixed-width font for better readability
- Refreshed product themes
- Integration with Accessibility Insights which detects accessibility issues early on in your build
- More personalisation options to customise your IDE
Visual Studio 2022 and Azure, .NET and C++
Visual Studio 2022 will make it quick and easy to build modern, cloud-based applications with Azure with access to a huge supply of repositories that show common patterns used in cloud apps. It will also have robust support for .NET 6 and C++.
- Additional features in the core debugger to make debugging precise and quick
- New Live Share integrated text chat so that you can have quick conversations about code in real-time
- IntelliCode will have integration to help you take the right action in the right place at the right time
- New support for Git and GitHub with more built-in logic and checkpoints
- Improved code search to allow you to search outside your loaded scope
- Moving Visual Studio for Mac to native macOS UI enhancing performance and reliability for Mac users
Read the full Preview Release Notes for more information on what to expect.
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
Intel and Google are working together to drive high-performance computing forward on Google Cloud with the release of the Cloud HPC Toolkit.
Thu 22 September 2022 11:00 am - 1:00 pm BST
Learn how to increase your revenue through Microsoft’s Commercial Marketplace if you create Azure Managed Application solutions