Visual Studio 2022 Public Preview
News|28 June 2021
Microsoft’s public preview of Visual Studio 2022 is here. Pitched as being “faster, more approachable, and more lightweight”, Visual Studio 2022 is for those just starting out learning to code as well as those that are building solutions for enterprise.
What’s the biggest thing to shout about?
Visual Studio 2022 is 64-bit. No longer limited to ~4gb of memory in the main devenv.exe process, with it you can open, edit, run and debug even the most complex solutions without running out of memory.
Refreshed user interface
In Visual Studio 2022 you’ll find some subtle changes that really improve the user experience and decrease the cognitive load:
- Updated icons for better clarity, legibility and contrast
- Cascadia Code – a fixed-width font for better readability
- Refreshed product themes
- Integration with Accessibility Insights which detects accessibility issues early on in your build
- More personalisation options to customise your IDE
Visual Studio 2022 and Azure, .NET and C++
Visual Studio 2022 will make it quick and easy to build modern, cloud-based applications with Azure with access to a huge supply of repositories that show common patterns used in cloud apps. It will also have robust support for .NET 6 and C++.
- Additional features in the core debugger to make debugging precise and quick
- New Live Share integrated text chat so that you can have quick conversations about code in real-time
- IntelliCode will have integration to help you take the right action in the right place at the right time
- New support for Git and GitHub with more built-in logic and checkpoints
- Improved code search to allow you to search outside your loaded scope
- Moving Visual Studio for Mac to native macOS UI enhancing performance and reliability for Mac users
Read the full Preview Release Notes for more information on what to expect.
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
Wed 30 November 2022 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm GMT
The 2023 release of Intel® oneAPI tools will be available soon. Get an advance peek of what’s new, plus engage in a live Q&A with Intel software experts about all things oneAPI.
Microsoft first announced that Office 365 would become Microsoft 365 in April 2020, with the changes effective from November 2022. Microsoft have stated they changed the name to be “more reflective of the range of features and benefits included within...
6 - 7 December 2022 9:00 am - 3:30 pm CT
The oneAPI DevSummit for AI and HPC is a free virtual community conference for those who are interested in performant, cross-architecture programming and want to evolve heterogeneous computing to its fullest potential.