Updates to Microsoft Teams April 2020
News|4 May 2020
On Thursday 30 April, Microsoft announced the latest updates to be made to Microsoft Teams. These include new meeting capabilities, IT admin controls and possibilities for developers.
We’ve picked out the most popular updates in this news article.
New features for meetings and calls
- Microsoft has increased the number of participant videos that can be viewed simultaneously during calls from 4 to 9 in a staged rollout.
- Meeting attendees can now use the “raise hands” feature in Teams to make it easier to see who wishes to speak in larger meetings. Teams will also prioritise by who raised their hand first.
- Backgrounds! Microsoft has built on the popular blur background ability in video to include a list of different pre-selected images and will soon allow the ability to upload custom images. Background blur will also now be available on iOS
- Share system audio will now be available in Teams live events – a problem we encountered when hosting our own ISV Partner Day Digital – so attendees will be able to hear the audio associated with the shared content.
New features for IT admins
- A new Meetings dashboard in the admin centre provides insights into usage, user feedback, network health, meeting details and devices. You can quickly drill down to find areas of improvement and causes of poor experiences.
- New App analytics will provide admins insights into usage of Teams apps in their environment. App policies and settings will also allow admins to manage permissions, define how apps are displayed in Teams and control availability of custom apps.
New features for developers
- Microsoft has released two new Power Automate triggers. Trigger actions when a new teammate joins and create custom message actions with the “for a selected message” trigger.
- Compliance recording integrations will now make it possible for companies in regulated industries to automatically record all communications by regulated employees.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of all the updates for Microsoft Teams in April. You can read the full list here.
If you’d like to find out more about Microsoft Teams or activate your free trial get in touch with us.
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
Paessler acquires qbilon to help customers unlock key insights to improve IT performance
Paessler AG acquires qbilon GmbH, a company that provides a platform for automatically capturing, analysing and optimising hybrid IT landscapes.
Intro to our Embarcadero licensing specialists
Grey Matter has been supporting developers and ISVs with IDEs and developer tools since 1983. As part of our 40th celebration, we are interviewing some of our specialist teams to find out more about the team and their focus solutions.
In this blog, we speak to Robin Ashby and Andy Hill, our Embarcadero licensing specialists.
Acronis expands Cyber Protect Cloud with new EDR solution
Acronis, one of our leading cyber security partners, has recently expanded its Cyber Protect Cloud offering by introducing a cutting-edge endpoint detection and response (EDR) solution.