The services included in vSphere+
FAQs|by Leanne Bevan|27 October 2022
In our previous FAQ, we shared the news that vSphere+ is now available and highlighted some of the key points about the release.
We now dig deeper and in this post take a look at the services included in the new vSphere+.
What are the new vSphere+ services available via the VMware Cloud Portal?
VMware currently offers the following vSphere services to simplify the management and operations of your on-premises vSphere environments, visualized via the VMware Cloud portal.
These services include:
- Cloud Console, Central Console for all vSphere Deployments (VMware Cloud Console). Consolidate management through a centralised cloud console.
- Global inventory service, Visualise inventory of vSphere resources. Quickly understand resources across the entire vSphere estate, including VMs, ESXi hosts, and vCenter instances.
- Event view service, consolidated view of events and alerts. Quickly triage areas that need attention across the entire vSphere estate.
- Security health check service, Evaluate vSphere security posture. Highlight security weaknesses or exposures across all vSphere infrastructure.
- Provision Virtual Machine service, Provision VMs from VMware Cloud console. Quickly create VMs within any managed cluster.
- Lifecycle management service, Simplified lifecycle management of vCenter instances. Update vCenter instances with minimal impact. A reduced maintenance window makes it easier to schedule updates sooner, allowing more rapid access to new features. If there is a problem, you can easily roll back the update. Address security vulnerabilities quickly.
These services are in addition to the management capabilities that you already have with your current vCenter instances. You can continue to use vCenter the same way that they always have.
Are there any Developer services included with vSphere+?
Yes. The following Developer services are included with vSphere+:
Tanzu Kubernetes Grid service which contains vSphere Pod service (requires separate NSX purchase), storage service, network service, Registry service, VM service. These services allow you to transform their existing virtual compute infrastructure into an enterprise-grade Kubernetes environment and access self-service infrastructure through standard Kubernetes commands and APIs.
The Benefits of the services include:
- Configure an enterprise-grade Kubernetes infrastructure with existing networking and storage.
- Deliver Kubernetes for developers using a simple, consistent, and secure experience that is upstream conformant and multi-cloud ready.
- Provision Tanzu Kubernetes clusters using a simple, fast, and self-service experience.
- Allocate core infrastructure services (such as Network, Storage, and Registry service) and resources using namespaces for developer teams.
- Use Kubernetes APIs to access virtualised infrastructure.
*Tanzu Kubernetes Grid service was formerly referred to as vSphere with Tanzu.
Are there any Tanzu Standard services integrated with vSphere+?
Yes. The following Tanzu Standard services are included with vSphere+: Policy Management, Conformance/Diagnostics, Ingress, Identity and Access Management, Cluster Lifecycle Management, and Logging.
The Benefits of the services include the ability to streamline the deployment and management of local and in-cluster platform services – like logging, monitoring, networking, and storage services – to easily configure and maintain a production-ready Kubernetes environment.
Find out more
Grey Matter is a VMware reseller. Fill out the contact form below and one of our team will be in touch with licensing advice and more information.
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
[ON-DEMAND WEBINAR] Microsoft Do More With Less: Explained
Mon 10 April 2023
This webinar is available to watch on-demand until 10 April 2023.
New UI enhancements in IntelliJ IDEA 2023.1
Find out what's new with JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA 2023.1.
[WEBINAR] Cyber Security Matters: Managed Detection Services
Tue 25 April 2023 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm BST
In this webinar, you will get an insight into what it would take from both an investment and operational point of view to create your own SOC and effectively how we have multiple offerings that can offer a better cost and a varying array of capabilities.
Acronis enhances security offerings with Intel® TDT technology
Acronis, a global leader in cyber protection, today announced the enhancement of its security defence against advanced fileless attacks using Intel® Threat Detection Technology (Intel® TDT) leveraging the Intel® integrated GPU to offload memory scanning operations from the CPU.