RAD Studio use case: South-West University “Neofit Rilski”
Blog|by Leanne Bevan|29 January 2021
About the company
Founded in 1976, the South-West University “Neofit Rilski” has gained a reputation as a leader in the science and education sphere in Bulgaria and the Balkans. There are currently over 12,000 students that study at the university with over 600 of those being international students.
Information technology is one of the fastest-changing fields in the world. Therefore there is the expectation and requirement from organisations and recruiters for universities to provide up-to-date education in line with the latest innovations in the IT field.
However, there is a wide range of application development environments and programming languages available.
Every year hundreds of students study in the computer science field at the South-West University in Bulgaria. They are trained in specialities, such as Informatics, Information Systems and Technologies, Business Informatics and many others.
“The job market in the IT sector requires the education offered by universities be up-to-date and in line with the latest innovations in this field. Since success is a matter of choice, that is why the Right Choice is Embarcadero RAD Studio!”
– Assoc. Prof. Velin Kralev, PhD – Associate Professor in the Department of Informatics at the South-West University “Neofit Rilsky”, Bulgaria
The university chose to include RAD Studio as one of the teaching tools because it enables developers to quickly create cross-platform applications, using a single integrated environment.
“The students – future developers, should be able to develop different types of applications: desktop, mobile and client-server for different platforms. The integrated development environment RAD Studio provides just such opportunities.”
– Assoc. Prof. Radoslava Kraleva, PhD – Associate Professor in the Department of Informatics at the South-West University “Neofit Rilsky”, Bulgaria.
The courses which use RAD Studio (Delphi and/or C++Builder) as a teaching tool in the learning process are:
- Software Engineering
- Practical Course in Computer Programming
- Programing with Delphi, Programing with C++Builder
- Developing Multi-Device Applications
- Design of Information Systems with Client/Server Architecture
- Developing Multi-Tier Database Applications
- Developing Database Applications
- Modern Languages and Integrated Programming Environments
- Component-Oriented Software Engineering
“The field of information technology is the fastest-changing field in the world and RAD Studio turned out to be the best answer to this change!”
– Assoc. Prof. Velin Kralev, PhD – Associate Professor in the Department of Informatics at the South-West University “Neofit Rilsky”, Bulgaria.
Find out more
If you would like to try out RAD Studio, download the free trial. Get a quote and discuss licensing and the latest special offers with our Embarcadero Licensing Experts; call +44 (0) 1364 655 123 or email email@example.com
To get started straight away, you can buy a licence on our web store.
If you would like to get started with Delphi, go to LearnDelphi.org.
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
Google is ending its Cloud IoT Core managed service on August 16 2023, leaving users with one year to find an alternative solution. What does this mean for your business? Once Google Cloud Iot Core service reaches end of life,...