KnowBe4 releases SecurityCoach
News|by Leanne Bevan|11 November 2022
KnowBe4 has announced a brand-new product designed to help you develop a strong security culture. SecurityCoach enables real-time security coaching of your users in response to their risky security behaviour.
SecurityCoach leverages your existing security stack so you can configure real-time coaching campaigns to immediately deliver a SecurityTip to your user related to the detected event. Real-time SecurityTips are automatically sent to users via Microsoft Teams, Slack, or email and are a powerful enhancement to your current security awareness programme.
With SecurityCoach your users receive contextual, real-time coaching that reinforces your security awareness training and policies improves knowledge retention, and helps your users to understand the risks associated with their behaviours.
When coupled with a new-school security awareness programme that includes frequent simulated phishing tests, SecurityCoach corrects the real-world security behaviour of your users in real time so you can create a stronger security culture across your organisation.
SecurityCoach example scenario:
- Your user opens an infected email attachment that might spread ransomware in your network or tries to visit a website with restricted content on their work computer
- An existing layer in your security stack detects this risky activity and creates an event
- SecurityCoach ingests that event and then, via Microsoft Teams, Slack, or email, sends a real-time SecurityTip to that user saying “Hey, this is a security risk, and here’s why”
Human detection and response
SecurityCoach introduces a new cybersecurity category called Human Detection and Response (HDR). HDR is conceptually similar to Extended Detection and Response (XDR), but HDR focuses on the human layer of your cybersecurity strategy. HDR correlates, identifies and responds to the tens of thousands of detected events related to the risky security behaviour of your users being generated within your existing security infrastructure.
Consequently, HDR (and SecurityCoach) creates significant time savings for your overburdened Security Operations Centre (SOC) team by reducing the volume of alert noise caused by repetitive risky behaviours, allowing the SOC to focus on higher-priority threats.
What SecurityCoach means for you
- Coach users in real-time based on their own real-world behavior, reinforcing comprehension and retention of your security training, best practices, and established security policies
- Gain additional value from your existing investment in security products and services
- Build custom campaigns for high-risk users or roles that are considered a valuable target for cybercriminals
- Measure and report on improved real-world security behavior across your organization, providing justification for continued investment
- Reduce the burden on the SOC and improve efficacy through automation and reducing alert noise caused by users repeating risky security behaviors
SecurityCoach is an optional add-on for KnowBe4 customers with a Platinum or Diamond-level security awareness training subscription. Fill out the form below and a member of our cyber security team will be in touch with more information.
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
Elevate your development capabilities with RAD Studio 12 Architect, the most advanced RAD Studio edition with the broadest feature set. RAD Studio 12 Architect can enable enterprise-level data services and integrations with Embarcadero’s homegrown tools and services, like Aqua Data...
Intel upgrade options Intel® Parallel Studio XE users, please consider upgrading to Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit to take advantage of the latest features including functional and security updates. Intel® System Studio and Intel® oneAPI Base & IOT Toolkit...
Wed 29 November 2023 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm GMT
Find out more about Intel oneAPI 2024.0 Get an insider’s view of the 2024.0 tools release, plus engage in a live Q&A with Intel software experts on all things “oneAPI”. Join parallel programming expert James Reinders for an inside look...
In the ever-evolving landscape of software development, harnessing the full potential of hardware capabilities is crucial for creating efficient and high-performance applications. Intel, a pioneer in semiconductor technology, offers a comprehensive suite of development tools known as Intel OneAPI Toolkits....