Acronis Cyberthreats Report 2022
Blog|by Leanne Bevan|25 August 2022
Acronis has created a report that represents a global outlook and is based on over 650,000 unique endpoints distributed around the world.
The main focus is on threats to Windows operating systems, as they are much more prevalent when compared with macOS. Acronis will see how the situation develops and may include data on macOS threats in the next report, as there has been a recent spike in these threats.
This report covers the threat landscape, as encountered by our sensors and analysts during the second half of 2021.
Check out the findings for the first half of 2021 in the Acronis Cyberthreats Report: Mid-year 2021.
The top five numbers of H2 2021
- The most attacked countries by malware in Q3 2021 were the U.S., Germany, and Canada.
- 376,000 URLs were blocked on the endpoint by Acronis in October alone.
- Blocked phishing emails increased by 23% and blocked malware emails increased by 40% from Q2 to Q3, 2021.
- Damages from ransomware are expected to be more than $20 billion U.S. by the end of 2021.
- Only 20% of companies reported that they didn’t get attacked — as opposed to 32% last year, as attacks are increasing in frequency.
Among the cyber security trends Acronis saw in H2 2021
- Ransomware continues to be the number one threat to big and medium businesses, including government, healthcare, and other critical organisations.
- MSPs are under attack, and liability questions have been raised.
- Vulnerabilities are being widely exploited.
- Linux and macOS have been getting more and more attention from cybercriminals.
What you will find in this report
- Top security/threat trends we observed in H2 2021.
- Why do we see more and more threats to cryptocurrencies?
- Why MSPs and alternative operating systems are increasingly under threat.
- General malware statistics and key families reviewed.
- Ransomware statistics with a deep-dive analysis of the most dangerous threats.
- Which vulnerabilities contribute to the success of attacks.
- Acronis' security recommendations and threat forecast for 2022.
Read the report
You can read the report in full here!
Find out more about Acronis
Grey Matter is an Acronis Gold Partner. Thanks to our accredited cyber security specialist, we can provide demos, free trials, and technical and licensing advice. Fill in the form below to book a consultation with our specialist.
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
In today’s data-driven world, businesses face the critical challenge of ensuring the safety and accessibility of their ever-expanding volumes of data. As organizations increasingly turn to cloud solutions for data storage and backup, the combination of Veeam and Wasabi emerges...
In the fast-paced and interconnected world of business, data has become the lifeblood of organisations. The ability to securely store, manage, and recover data is crucial for business continuity and success. Acronis, a global leader in cyber protection, offers a...
Elevate your development capabilities with RAD Studio 12 Architect, the most advanced RAD Studio edition with the broadest feature set. RAD Studio 12 Architect can enable enterprise-level data services and integrations with Embarcadero’s homegrown tools and services, like Aqua Data...
Intel upgrade options Intel® Parallel Studio XE users, please consider upgrading to Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit to take advantage of the latest features including functional and security updates. Intel® System Studio and Intel® oneAPI Base & IOT Toolkit...