Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 now available
News|20 June 2014
Now generally available, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 delivers a single platform for enterprises to realize the convergence of computing across the open hybrid cloud, from bare metal and virtual machines to the cloud.
Key Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 features to address next-generation IT needs include:
- Enhanced application development, delivery, portability and isolation through Linux Containers, including Docker, across physical, virtual, and cloud deployments as well as development, test and production environments.
- Significant file system improvements, including XFS as the default file system, scaling to 500 TB.
- Cross-realm trust to easily enable secure access for Microsoft Active Directory users across Microsoft Windows and Red Hat Enterprise Linux domains, providing the flexibility for Red Hat Enterprise Linux to co-exist within heterogeneous datacenters.
- Powerful and secure application runtimes and development, delivery and troubleshooting tools, integrated into the platform and container-ready.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 serves as not only a catalyst for enterprise innovation, but also delivers the military-grade security and the mission-critical reliability, as well as the performance, the features and the ease-of-use to efficiently “keep the lights on,” including:
- Innovative infrastructure components like systemd, a leading standard for modernising the management of processes, services, security and other resources.
- Built-in performance profiles, tuning and instrumentation for optimized performance and easy scalability.
- Unified management tooling and an industry-standard management framework with OpenLMI for streamlined administration and system configuration.
- Enhanced application isolation and security applied via containerisation to protect against both unintentional interference and malicious attacks.
Find out more about Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
Tue 24 January 2023 10:00 am - 11:00 am GMT
Learn how Microsoft 365 defends against cyber threats facing businesses today, and get an overview of the impressive security features it contains in our January webinar. Grey Matter’s Microsoft 365 expert, Adam Blackwell will highlight the security features contained in...
January 2023 marks the end of the extended period of support for Windows 7. Windows 7 Extended Security Updates, first announced in January 2020, was introduced as a last resort for customers who were still using legacy Microsoft products past...