RAD Studio 10.4.2 is here
Blog|by Leanne Bevan|25 February 2021
Embarcadero has announced the availability of their next quality release, RAD Studio 10.4.2 Sydney. The release incorporates fixes and features based on customer requests.
What’s new in 10.4.2?
Take a look at the highlights of what’s new and improved in 10.4.2:
Windows app support thanks to new and enhanced capabilities:
- New native VCL Windows controls:
- TControlList – flexible and virtualised – control long lists and benefit from a modern UI that can easily be configured
- TNumberBox – modern numerical input control
- Windows Store Packaging with MSIX
- Updated Konopka components for better VCL style integration
- Enhanced TEdgeBrowser VCL component with support for file cache management
New developer productivity and UX features for faster onboarding and application development:
- IDE improvements
- Code Insight (LSP) improvements such as coloured underlines for better visibility of hints, warning and errors
- Enhanced migration tool
- Low code app wizard to enable you to build a functional multi-screen application from scratch
Enhanced FireMonkey platform support targeting the newest OS versions:
- iOS 14 support (Delphi and C++)
- macOS 11 Intel support (Delphi)
- Android 11 support (Delphi)
New Delphi and C++ features:
- Delphi compiler performance improvements
- C++ Win64-bit Linker enhancements including a new technology that greatly reduces the amount of data that the Linker needs to process
- C++ exceptions handling and RTL improvements
- Improved C++ code completion
Other great quality enhancements:
- Parallel Library (PL)
- SOAP clients and WSDL
- New debug visualisers
- FireDAC enhancements for many databases
- 600 customer-reported issues fixed
Find out more
If you are already on Update Subscription, you will be able to get access to this latest version.
If you don’t have the Update Subscription and are using a legacy version, but would like to start using 10.4.2, please get in touch. Until the end of February 2021, you can still benefit from 26% off.
Grey Matter is an Embarcadero Master Reseller; we offer competitive pricing and expert licensing advice. Call our licensing experts on +44 (0) 1364 655 123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more. You can also purchase a new licence on our web store.
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
Wed 30 November 2022 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm GMT
The 2023 release of Intel® oneAPI tools will be available soon. Get an advance peek of what’s new, plus engage in a live Q&A with Intel software experts about all things oneAPI.
Microsoft first announced that Office 365 would become Microsoft 365 in April 2020, with the changes effective from November 2022. Microsoft have stated they changed the name to be “more reflective of the range of features and benefits included within...
6 - 7 December 2022 9:00 am - 3:30 pm CT
The oneAPI DevSummit for AI and HPC is a free virtual community conference for those who are interested in performant, cross-architecture programming and want to evolve heterogeneous computing to its fullest potential.