Preparation for Remote Working
Blog|by James Roberts|16 March 2020
Work from home (WFH) is well established in many businesses. However, ensuring the entire office-based workforce can work remotely in times of emergency is unchartered territory for many.
It’s very likely some businesses are having to accelerate WFH en-masse due to the current pandemic but are not fully prepared. If your business doesn’t have a tested and proven remote working solution in place already, you might find the following checklist helpful. A few of these things are easily overlooked.
A few things to consider
- Are you able to fix technical issues via remote log-in when out of office machines develop problems?
- Is adequate training and documentation in place?
- Are all systems accessible? It’s easy to overlook some of the less ‘day to day’ applications that are important for some individuals at certain times of the month or in other eventualities.
- Why not have the occasional ‘fire-drill’ to test your WFH deployment?
- How confident are you that your WFH solution is watertight from a governance perspective?
- How confident are you that your WFH solution is watertight from a licensing perspective?
Grey Matter can help
Grey Matter first adopted cloud solutions and WFH about six years ago when our premises were closed for refurbishment. Since then, like many other businesses, we’ve had an increasing number of staff enabled for remote working. We can provide products and services to help you implement your own remote working solutions, drawing on a variety of collaboration, communications and security tools based around Microsoft Office365 and other technologies.
Please contact us to discuss how we can assist with your business continuity plans based on remote working. Call: +44 (0) 1364 654100.
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
Since 2023, AI has been everywhere. And many are seeing it as a great tool for improving productivity which many businesses need for improved efficiency to manage high workloads. Adobe has now developed its own AI tool, AI Assistant, currently...
Watch this webinar recording, “Beyond password protection: document security with Acrobat Pro”, hosted by our partner Adobe to learn the various ways Adobe Acrobat Pro and Microsoft can help you keep your PDFs and their sensitive information safe. In the...
With Microsoft Maps, retail businesses can obtain accurate location data, generate new insights, and optimize their logistics operations.
Fri 15 March 2024 9:30 am - 2:00 pm GMT
Get ready to flex your strategic minds and sharpen your cyber security defences at an exclusive event hosted by Grey Matter and ESET. Join us for an afternoon of insightful learning and exhilarating gaming as we explore the powerful synergy...