JetBrains 2018.1 releases
News|by Leanne Bevan|29 March 2018
JetBrains has started to roll out the 2018.1 versions for some of their product range. Here’s an overview of some of the great new features and enhancements that you can now take advantage of:
- Format your code with Prettier with a shortcut, Alt-Shift-Cmd/Ctrl-P
- Commit to Git or add to a changelist only selected changes from a file
- Create new Vue projects from the IDE’s Welcome screen with Vue CLI, and create new components using the Extract Vue Component refactoring
- Configure Yarn or npm as a package manager used in the project, in the “Node.js and npm” preferences
- Debug React Native apps that use Expo, as well as those already built and launched on a device
IntelliJ IDEA 2018.1
- Java: code completion in the Stream API chains is now aware of the type casting, and suggests a completion item according to the existing call filter(String.class::isInstance), and automatically typecasted completion item
- Android: merge with Android Studio 3.0
- JVM Debugger: have the ability to raise an exception during debugging
- Editor: the IDE shows the external annotations inline in your code by default
- Better C++ language support and more C++17 features in a faster, more responsive editor
- Quicker development cycle with CMake Install
- View single files and non-CMake projects in CLion, and load/unload CMake when necessary
- Navigate around your code even more efficiently with code folding of control statements and breadcrumbs
- new Inline method/function refactoring
- new quick-fixes to migrate your code between imperative and functional coding styles
- new action to generate code from tests
- support for assertions in the REST client
- Codeception code coverage
Want to try these tools out yourself?
Give us a call on +44 (0) 1364 654100 to find out more.
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
In today’s data-driven world, businesses face the critical challenge of ensuring the safety and accessibility of their ever-expanding volumes of data. As organizations increasingly turn to cloud solutions for data storage and backup, the combination of Veeam and Wasabi emerges...
In the fast-paced and interconnected world of business, data has become the lifeblood of organisations. The ability to securely store, manage, and recover data is crucial for business continuity and success. Acronis, a global leader in cyber protection, offers a...
Elevate your development capabilities with RAD Studio 12 Architect, the most advanced RAD Studio edition with the broadest feature set. RAD Studio 12 Architect can enable enterprise-level data services and integrations with Embarcadero’s homegrown tools and services, like Aqua Data...
Intel upgrade options Intel® Parallel Studio XE users, please consider upgrading to Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit to take advantage of the latest features including functional and security updates. Intel® System Studio and Intel® oneAPI Base & IOT Toolkit...