JetBrains 2018.1 releases
News|by Leanne Bevan|29 March 2018
JetBrains has started to roll out the 2018.1 versions for some of their product range. Here’s an overview of some of the great new features and enhancements that you can now take advantage of:
- Format your code with Prettier with a shortcut, Alt-Shift-Cmd/Ctrl-P
- Commit to Git or add to a changelist only selected changes from a file
- Create new Vue projects from the IDE’s Welcome screen with Vue CLI, and create new components using the Extract Vue Component refactoring
- Configure Yarn or npm as a package manager used in the project, in the “Node.js and npm” preferences
- Debug React Native apps that use Expo, as well as those already built and launched on a device
IntelliJ IDEA 2018.1
- Java: code completion in the Stream API chains is now aware of the type casting, and suggests a completion item according to the existing call filter(String.class::isInstance), and automatically typecasted completion item
- Android: merge with Android Studio 3.0
- JVM Debugger: have the ability to raise an exception during debugging
- Editor: the IDE shows the external annotations inline in your code by default
- Better C++ language support and more C++17 features in a faster, more responsive editor
- Quicker development cycle with CMake Install
- View single files and non-CMake projects in CLion, and load/unload CMake when necessary
- Navigate around your code even more efficiently with code folding of control statements and breadcrumbs
- new Inline method/function refactoring
- new quick-fixes to migrate your code between imperative and functional coding styles
- new action to generate code from tests
- support for assertions in the REST client
- Codeception code coverage
Want to try these tools out yourself?
Give us a call on +44 (0) 1364 654100 to find out more.
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
Veeam is ending the sale of per-socket licensing. Read on to find out about the options new and existing customer have instead.
What is Microsoft 365? Microsoft 365 is made up of Windows 10, Office 365 and Enterprise Mobility and Security (EM + S). It’s a powerful operating system and boasts an impressive array of productivity tools. It also has an advanced,...
The Bing Maps Dev Center provides account management functionality for customers and developers who use the Bing Maps APIs. To get your Bing Maps Dev Center Account ID: 1. Sign in to the Bing Maps Dev Center. 2. After you...
An ESET report reveals the most common types of cyber security incidents and the worst-hit UK business sectors. Phishing is a major issue.