PyCharm 2016.3 is released by JetBrains
News|by Leanne Bevan|24 November 2016
A tool that enhances developer productivity through taking care of the routine tasks so that developers can focus on bigger projects, PyCharm 2016.3 has come with many new improvements.
- Improved Django integration: developers can create remote projects without having a local interpreter installed, make use of Django forms, and take advantage of other improvements.
- Python console: multi-line commands, copy-pasting from console into files.
- Improved variable explorer.
- Developers are able to carry out type hinting, with automatic type hinting based on run-time collected types.
- Python 3.6 support.
- Thread suspension when hitting breakpoints.
- The debugger got 40% faster, and now also shows function return values. If you use scipy or pandas, you’ll like the new viewers for Numpy Arrays and pandas DataFrames, which can be opened straight from the debugger.
- Per-line statistical profiling with vmprof (in addition to cProfile and Yappi support).
- Improved Docker support, including Docker Compose.
- Better Jupyter notebooks (formerly known as IPython notebooks) support.
- Support for custom package repositories.
- More web tool support: Flow, Stylelint, and more.
- Faster VCS log search, and improved log interface.
- Improved merge conflict assistance: code highlighting, navigation, automatic resolution for simple conflicts.
- Improved Git support: Worktree, Rebase, and Remote management.
- Support for VCS patches.
- Database tool improvements: PyCharm 2016 bundles many of the features available in DataGrip, the new JetBrains IDE for databases.
- PyCharm supports font ligatures and bundles Fira code: an open-source font with coding ligatures.
Contact us on +44(0)1364 654100 to learn more.
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
Paessler acquires qbilon to help customers unlock key insights to improve IT performance
Paessler AG acquires qbilon GmbH, a company that provides a platform for automatically capturing, analysing and optimising hybrid IT landscapes.
Intro to our Embarcadero licensing specialists
Grey Matter has been supporting developers and ISVs with IDEs and developer tools since 1983. As part of our 40th celebration, we are interviewing some of our specialist teams to find out more about the team and their focus solutions.
In this blog, we speak to Robin Ashby and Andy Hill, our Embarcadero licensing specialists.
Acronis expands Cyber Protect Cloud with new EDR solution
Acronis, one of our leading cyber security partners, has recently expanded its Cyber Protect Cloud offering by introducing a cutting-edge endpoint detection and response (EDR) solution.