How to create a Bing Maps Key
Guides|by James Roberts|2 May 2022
When you register for a Bing Maps account, you'll create a Bing Maps key to authenticate your application, which allows you to include the power of Bing Maps directly in your application.
It’s easy to create a Bing Maps key, simply follow the directions below. Once you start using the Bing Maps key, usage transactions are logged and are available to view to manage your account.
The Bing Maps Dev Center
The Bing Maps Dev Center provides the tools and resources you need to develop with Bing Maps. You can store, access, and keep track of your store locations or other spatial data through the online data source management system. You will also receive important announcements around your Bing Maps account.
- Go to the Bing Maps Dev Center
- If you have a Bing Maps account, sign in with the Microsoft Account that you used to create the account, or create a new one. (For new accounts, follow the instructions in Creating a Bing Maps Account.)
Step 2: Select My keys under My Account
Step 3: Select the option to CREATE A NEW KEY
Step 4: You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Application name: the name of the application is required.
- Application URL: the URL of the application. This is an optional field which is useful in helping you remember the purpose of that key in the future.
- Key type: Required. Select the key type that you want to create. To access 125,000 free billable transactions, you will need to set key type to *BASIC.
- Application type: Required. Select the application type that best represents the application that will use this key. For 125,000 free billable transactions per year, you will need to set ‘Application Type’ to *TEST/DEV.
Step 5: Click the CREATE button
- The new key displays in the list of available keys.
Contact Grey Matter
For more information on Bing Maps and how we can help you or your customers, contact our Bing specialists using the form below. Alternatively, you can...
Tel: +44 (0) 1364 655 133
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
NEW Veeam Backup for AWS v6 and Microsoft Azure v5
NEW Veeam Backup for AWS v6 and Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure v5 are now available.
ESET upgrade promotion
Save up to 25% with our ESET upgrade promotion. Available until 1 August 2023. Contact our cyber security team for a quote.
BT Streamlines contract processes with Acrobat Sign
BT streamlines its contract process to improve experiences for customers and employees with Adobe Acrobat Sign.
Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud February 2023 Release
There are lots of new features and improvements in the February 2023 release of Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud. Find out what's new!