Azure Maps Weather Services now generally available
News|13 April 2021
Microsoft has announced that Azure Maps Weather Services are now generally available.
Weather Services use data from AccuWeather, the leading worldwide weather service provider. From mission-critical enterprise applications to business-to-consumer facing experiences, Weather Services offer a reliable and easy way to bring globally available weather content to your users.
- Weather Tile API: Radar and infrared raster weather tiles formatted to be integrated into the Azure Maps SDKs.
- Current Conditions: Detailed current weather conditions such as precipitation, temperature, and wind for a given co-ordinate location.
- Minute Forecast: Minute-by-minute forecasts for a given location.
- Hourly Forecast: Detailed weather forecast by the hour.
- Quarter-Day Forecast: Detailed weather forecast by quarter-day.
- Daily Forecast: Detailed weather forecast such as temperature, humidity, wind by day.
- Daily Indices: Daily weather condition indices for specific outdoor activities for next 5, 10 and 15 days starting from current day.
- Severe Weather Alerts: Severe weather alerts that are available worldwide from both official Government Meteorological Agencies and leading global to regional weather alert providers.
- Weather Along Route: Hyperlocal, up-to-the-minute weather nowcasts, weather hazard assessments, and notifications along a route described as a sequence of waypoints.
To get started with Azure Maps and the Azure Maps Weather Services, contact our Azure Maps team:
[icon name=”envelope” style=”solid” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] firstname.lastname@example.org
[icon name=”phone-alt” style=”solid” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] +44 (0)1364 655 133
Contact Grey Matter
If you have any questions or want some extra information, complete the form below and one of the team will be in touch ASAP. If you have a specific use case, please let us know and we'll help you find the right solution faster.
Elevate your development capabilities with RAD Studio 12 Architect, the most advanced RAD Studio edition with the broadest feature set. RAD Studio 12 Architect can enable enterprise-level data services and integrations with Embarcadero’s homegrown tools and services, like Aqua Data...
Intel upgrade options Intel® Parallel Studio XE users, please consider upgrading to Intel® oneAPI Base & HPC Toolkit to take advantage of the latest features including functional and security updates. Intel® System Studio and Intel® oneAPI Base & IOT Toolkit...
Wed 29 November 2023 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm GMT
Find out more about Intel oneAPI 2024.0 Get an insider’s view of the 2024.0 tools release, plus engage in a live Q&A with Intel software experts on all things “oneAPI”. Join parallel programming expert James Reinders for an inside look...
In the ever-evolving landscape of software development, harnessing the full potential of hardware capabilities is crucial for creating efficient and high-performance applications. Intel, a pioneer in semiconductor technology, offers a comprehensive suite of development tools known as Intel OneAPI Toolkits....