Sales Account Executive – Backup & Security
- Are you a skilled sales professional looking for an exciting new adventure?
- Do you enjoy building and nourishing customer relationships?
- Do have a desire to give customers the best experience?
If your answer to these questions is an enthusiastic “yes” then please keep reading!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Grey Matter UK sales team and continue to build our
amazing culture working in the office and remotely. You will be an important part of a high
performing team that works closely with our customers, partners and publishers to build and
maintain customer relations and grow new business. You will receive all the support you need to
get up to speed and benefit from a training programme that will ensure you are successful.
Grey Matter, based in Devon, is part of Wayside Technology Group (NASDAQ WSTG) with offices
also in the USA, Canada and Amsterdam. We’re an enthusiastic, customer-focused team; to ensure
we can solve our customers’ problems we invest time in training and personal development. To
help the team grow the business, we work hard giving everyone balance – hybrid working, a
personal trainer, yoga and an employee assistance program are just a few of the ways we do this.
Having our HQ on the edge of the Dartmoor National Park in the beautiful market town of
Ashburton also helps. Colleagues regularly tell us that their teams are why they love their jobs.
Benefits for you
- Paid Training
- Individual Personal Development Plans
- Salary plus commission/bonus schemes
- Sick Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Staff Referral Scheme
- Personal Trainer
- Flexible Working arrangements
- Incentives and Rewards
- Social Events/Fundraisers/Staff Parties
- Employee Assistance Programme for 24/7/365 support
All companies say that they have a great culture – We are proud that this is reality – We put our
About the role
Our Customer and Vendor Team are looking for a Sales Executive to join our newly created
Security and Backup Team. The lucky candidate will be working alongside our security and backup
subject matter expert and team leader to grow our security and backup business at Grey Matter.
You will have a least five GCSE level 4/grade C (or equivalent) and above including Maths and
English and at least two years business-to-business sales experience.
Our most successful people are highly confident in their own ability, commercially minded,
focused, supportive, practical and creative. Does this sound like you?
Other skills we are ideally looking for:
- Must be an excellent communicator, over the phone, written and face to face.
- A self-motivated, passionate character with the ability to show initiative.
- Attention to detail, efficiency, accuracy in reports and customer communication and
- Must be adept in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Able to prioritise and re-prioritise during the day to ensure urgent tasks are completed
- The ability to choose the best course of action, escalate if required but retain ownership of
the issue until resolved
- Personable and fantastic at building customer relationships with a desire to give the
customer the best experience.
Please email your CV and a concise note explaining why you’re the right person for the role. This is your opportunity to convince us so make the most of it!