Microsoft Business Development Manager
Are you a skilled sales professional looking for an exciting new adventure?
Are you interested in working with one of the largest and leading global tech companies?
Do you enjoy building and nourishing customer relationships?
Do have a desire to grow new business and help give customers the best experience?
If your answer to these questions is an enthusiastic “yes” please keep reading…
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our dedicated high performing Microsoft partnership team. You will play an important pivotal role in empowering our Your goal is to accelerate our new business growth by working closely with Microsoft and our internal account management teams. You will receive all the support you need to get up to speed and benefit from a training programme that will ensure you are successful.
Grey Matter, based in Devon, is part of Wayside Technology Group (NASDAQ WSTG) with offices also in the USA, Canada, and Amsterdam. We’re an enthusiastic, customer-focused team; to ensure we can solve our customers’ problems we invest time in training and personal development. To help the team grow the business, we work hard to give everyone balance – hybrid working, a personal trainer, and an employee assistance program are just a few of the ways we do this.
Benefits for you
- Flexible Working
- Paid Training
- Individual Personal Development Plans
- Salary plus commission
- Incentives and Rewards
- Personal Trainer
- Staff Referral Scheme
- Social Events/Fundraisers/Staff Parties
- Employee Assistance Programme for 24/7/365 support
All companies say that they have a great culture – We are proud that this is the reality – We put our people first!
About the role
You will be focused on enabling our Developer and Technical Service Providers (and their customers) to adopt and consume cloud and cloud-ready technologies, offering great advice, solutions, and services. To help us exceed our Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) targets.
The role is to accelerate our customer sign-ups and CSP revenues by:
- Supporting our dedicated Microsoft customer recruit heads supporting their engagements from onboarding thru acquisition.
- Working with our account managers to assist them in growing CSP business within existing strategic accounts.
- Identifying, understanding, and nurturing opportunities from within the customer base.
- Building amazing licensing and product knowledge to successfully position our value and Microsoft partnership to Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and service providers.
To ensure success we must provide the very best customer experience. We support our salespeople and BDMs by providing them with training and access to the services, processes, systems, and resources they require to succeed.
Your role will include but is not limited to:
- Accelerate CSP revenue growth by providing specialist Microsoft licensing, solutions, and partnership guidance to enable our Account Managers
- Drive engagement with prospective CSP customers, explaining the benefits of working with us, understanding their own technical and business goals, and matching Microsoft solutions with their needs
- Deliver workshops to help customers understand the value of the Microsoft and Grey Matter partnership.
- Manage the opportunity to sign up, handholding through the set-up process, and hand over to an internal account manager. Keeping in touch with the account to help grow consumption
- Work closely with our services team to ensure we are delivering the right services and solutions to help each customer to move to Microsoft cloud solutions
- Revenue target and campaign(s) performance monitoring, tracking, and reporting to key internal and Microsoft stakeholders
- Build effective partnerships with other key internal and identified Microsoft stakeholders
- Assist colleagues when they are under pressure to meet the individual team and company goals
- Some travel will be required which may involve overnight stays, the possibility of some international travel in the future
You will have a least five GCSE level 4/grade C (or equivalent) and above including Maths and English. Essential requirements are:
- Experience working in a software or technical sales role with a passion for learning
- A desire to achieve the best in everything you do with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- Communicate with clarity and confidence in person and in writing
- Customer-obsessed and excellent IT skills
- Ability to build rapport and influence, lead, manage, inspire, and motivate people across all levels
- Very commercially aware with the ability to make sound decisions under pressure
Other skills we are ideally looking for:
- Good understanding of Microsoft CSP and/or other licensing programmes
- Knowledge of Microsoft Cloud solutions and services
- Experience in working with ISVs, Technical Service Providers and/or resellers
- Excellent project management and presentation skills
Salary £28,000 per year plus attractive commission scheme, expected earnings in year 1 £34k+
To apply for this role please send your CV along with a concise summary of what you would bring to this new role, or if you are confident send us an introduction video about yourself and your experiences. This is your chance to sell yourself so make the most of it: firstname.lastname@example.org