Microsoft Azure Business Development Manager
Are you a skilled sales professional with an interest in the latest technology?
Are you interested in working with one of the largest and leading global tech companies?
Would you relish the opportunity to evangelise the benefits of Cloud adoption?
Do have a desire to grow new business and help give customers the best experience?
If your answer to these questions is an enthusiastic “yes” please keep reading…
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our dedicated high performing Microsoft partnership team. You will play an important pivotal role in empowering Your goal is to accelerate our business growth by enabling our customers to understand what’s possible with Azure and help them identify steps to adoption. You will receive all the support you need to get up to speed and benefit from a training programme which will ensure you are certified and successful.
Grey Matter, based in Devon, is part of Wayside Technology Group (NASDAQ WSTG) with offices also in the USA, Canada, and Amsterdam. We’re an enthusiastic, customer-focused team; to ensure we can solve our customers’ problems we invest time in training and personal development. To help the team grow the business, we work hard giving everyone balance – hybrid working, a personal trainer and an employee assistance program are just a few of the ways we do this.
Benefits for you
- Flexible Working
- Paid Training
- Individual Personal Development Plans
- Salary plus commission
- Incentives and Rewards
- Personal Trainer
- Staff Referral Scheme
- Social Events/Fundraisers/Staff Parties
- Employee Assistance Programme for 24/7/365 support
All companies say that they have a great culture – We are proud that this is reality – We put our people first!
About the role
You will be focused on enabling our Developer and Technical Service Providers (and their customers) to adopt and consume Microsoft Azure resources, offering great advice, solutions, and services. To help us exceed our Microsoft CSP Targets.
The role is to accelerate our Azure customer adds and existing customer platform utilisation by:
- Supporting our dedicated Microsoft customer recruit heads supporting their engagements from onboarding thru acquisition.
- Working with our account managers to assist them in growing CSP business within existing strategic accounts.
- Identifying, understanding, and nurturing Azure opportunities from within the customer base.
- Building amazing licensing and Azure platform knowledge to successfully position our value and Microsoft’s to Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and Technical Service Providers.
To ensure success we must provide the very best customer experience. We support our salespeople and BDMs by providing them with training and access to the services, processes, systems, and resources they require to succeed.
Your role will include but is not limited to:
- Accelerate CSP revenue growth by providing specialist Microsoft Azure subscription and solutions guidance to Account Managers
- Drive engagement with prospective CSP customers, explaining the benefits of working with us, understanding their own technical and business roadmaps, and matching Microsoft Azure solutions with their needs
- Deliver customer workshops helping them realise what’s possible by introducing and familiarising them with Microsoft Azure technologies and innovations.
- Perform Microsoft Solution Assessments enabling customers prioritise transition to cloud and identify opportunities to make the move as efficient and cost-effective as possible.
- Work closely with our services team to ensure we are delivering the right services at the right time best supporting each customer move to Microsoft Azure
- Revenue target and campaign(s) performance monitoring, tracking, and reporting to key internal and Microsoft stakeholders
- Build effective partnerships with other key internal and identified Microsoft stakeholders
- Assist colleagues when they are under pressure to meet the individual team and company goals
- Some travel will be required which may involve overnight stays, the possibility of some international travel in the future
You will have a least five GCSE level 4/grade C (or equivalent) and above including Maths and English. Essential requirements are:
- Experience working in a software or technical sales role with a passion for learning
- A desire to achieve the best in everything you do with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- Communicate with clarity and confidence in person and in writing
- Customer-obsessed and excellent IT skills
- Ability to build rapport and influence, lead, manage, inspire, and motivate people across all levels
- Very commercially aware with the ability to make sound decisions under pressure
Other skills we are ideally looking for:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure platform, technologies and innovations
- Good understanding of Microsoft CSP and/or other licensing programmes
- Experience in working with ISVs, Technical Services Providers and/or resellers
- Excellent project management and presentation skills
Salary £30,000 per year plus attractive commission scheme, expected earnings in year 1 £36k+
To apply for this role please send your CV along with a concise summary of what you would bring to this new role, or if you are confident send us an introduction video about yourself and your experiences. This is your chance to sell yourself so make the most of it: firstname.lastname@example.org